Tabs

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Inside an Instructor's Brain

A scary thought, isn't it??  We always say that perception is reality and that certainly applies to a Spinning class.

Here are a few things that we hear you say (or maybe you just think it) in class that we have a totally different perspective on.

You:  OMG!  I left a huge puddle of sweat under my bike.  GROSS!
Us:  Wow, you worked super hard today!  Well done!

You:  I better not work too hard because I will sweat right through my clothes.
Us:  Hey, did you get a good workout today because I don't see any sweat?

You:  I look like such a dork doing this V-sit.  I hope I am doing it correctly.
Us:  Great job working your core! I know it is uncomfortable, but it is changing your body!

You:  I look like a tomato because my face is so red!  AH!
Us:  Take a sip of water and a deep breath or two.  We are right here with you, red noses and all!

You:  If I have to get up to pee, will the instructor yell at me for leaving my bike?
Us:  If you are in there for a long time, we might check on you.  Other than that, we don't mind!

You:  I forgot my bike settings, but I am too embarrassed to ask for help.
Us:  No worries, we walk around prior to class to make sure you are all safe and set up properly.  If we see an issue, we will tackle it one-on-one to make sure you are comfortable.

You:  I really want to high-five my instructor for that awesome ride, but they might think I am a psycho!
Us:  DO IT!  We love praise as much as you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment