Tabs

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Staying on Track While You Travel

I landed in sunny Florida yesterday and am enjoying a belated holiday visit with my mom and brother.  When packing my bags, a few things were obvious essentials like a toothbrush, flip-flops, and my beloved eyebrow pencil.  But, some things you might be surprised to see in my bags are essential for staying healthy and on track while traveling.  Below are my favorite things while traveling to stay healthy.

Let's start with our carry-on bag:
Once you get through security (if flying) grab a big bottle of water.
100 calorie packs of natural almonds and walnuts.
Dried apricots (no sugar added).
Kind bars (I love the dark chocolate and sea salt).
Oranges cut into handy-dandy wedges.
Single serving hummus with a bunch of dippers like pretzel thins, pita chips, cucumber slices, etc.
Baby wipes.  You are going to want clean hands, trust me.

In my HUGE bag that I check:
Sneakers.
Workout tops and bottoms. Yes, I had to tell you to pack bottoms because for some unknown reason, I am notorious for forgetting bottoms...all of them.
Socks.
Headbands and hair ties.
A light jacket if the weather permits it.
A resistance band (these can be shoved into your sneaker to save even more precious bag space.).
Bender/small ball.  Deflate it and blow it up when you are ready to use it.
Water bottle. I forgot my SCS bottle :( sad face.

If your destination has a gym, then you are one lucky duck! If not, try googling ideas on what to do with the band and ball.  Instagram (follow Spinsaratoga!) and YouTube also have some great 
workouts that you can use.

Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment