Tabs

Monday, January 27, 2014

You can't have SuCceSs without SCS!

I am running a contest at the studio and asking everyone to submit their own stories of SuCceSs.  I will pick some winners on 1/31.  I won't necessarily chose the person that lost the most weight because success comes in all different forms.  Here is a great story that may inspire you to enter the contest:

In the 3 short months that I have been religiously going to spin class I have already noticed a TON of changes.  Although I do not have a huge weight loss number to give you. I still can show how much success I have had.  

When I first stated this journey I promised myself that I would not become a scale worshiper and everyday be concerned with a number on the scale.  And i'm glad that I have been able to stick to that, because I think that the real changes have been much more than a number on a scale.  

I first and foremost made it through the Holiday season without getting sick or having a major melt down which hasn't happened in MANY MANY years.  I made it all the way through the new year with a healthy smile on my face(my staff, customers and boss all thank you for this). Success- CHECK

I wake up every morning with energy, I don't carry the past days baggage with me, mostly because I have spinned out all the bad energy! and made room for only positive energy to stay. Success-CHECK

My skin! OMG! It hasn't looked this good since I was in collage! It's smooth and has glow again! My checks for along time have been blemish heaven! Not anymore! Clear as can be! Success-CHECK

When I first started spinning my goal for every class was to just make it through and to follow the instructor.  I will never forget the first class that I didn't touch the resistance unless the instructor said to! The next few classes I pushed a little harder.  Then came the class when I made it through all the position 2 runs without straightening my knees! Then a very exciting class when I "pushed it" at 2 and 3 and actually did get my legs to go faster! Success-CHECK

I feel my body (especially my legs) changing everyday and I love it! Every class I take one step towards being better and stronger!  And it feels AWESOME! Success-CHECK

I have stopped taking all my migraine medication (of course with consent of my dr's), About a year ago at Christmas time I started getting Migraines on a daily bases that were crippling! I haven't had one in over a month and have been off all medications for 2 1/2 weeks! This is HUGE!! Just another step towards being healthier. Success-CHECK  

I want to eat better.  I have always been a "clean" eater but my sweet tooth sometimes( most times) gets the best of me.  And towards the end of last year, my eating habit really started to get out of control.   I have recently been very conscious of what I put in my body, because of how it effects my rides.  If I eat pizza and ice cream or have an entire bottle of wine instead of a glass or two..or maybe three the next ride is 10000000x's harder than if I was smart about what I consumed.  That's not to say that I still don't splurge or indulge,  I just am more conscious about it with out feeling deprived.  I have also been drinking a TON more water, although this has probably been the hardest thing to change I can proudly say I am doing it and yes I do feel better know that I am hydrated! Success-CHECK

This whole big long story of my over all Success would not be complete if I didn't give you my measurements.  It may not be a number on the scale but it is still qualitative and DAMN it makes me feel good to say it! 
A month into my spinning journey on 12/19/2013 I took 3 measurements
Thighs- 29"
Hips- 48"
Waist- 38"
A Month Later on 1/19/2014
Thighs- 27"(who said spinning makes your thighs bigger?)
Hips- 44"
Waist- 36"
My Muffin top is slowly disappearing, my back fat is slowly disappearing, my legs are becoming leaner, I can actually feel muscles instead of fat! I have more energy! I'm happier! I'm getting some flexibility back! My Clothes and underwear fit so much better! Success-CHECK

I could go on for days as to how much success I have had in such a short amount of time, and how much fun I have had doing it.  
I am so excited to see what the rest of 2014 brings, it is already off to an amazing start and I'm ready to achieve great things in my fitness.  And continue this amazing journey! 

A HUGE thank you to everyone at SCS! you are all amazing role models and individuals! I look forward to each and every class and always leave with an even bigger smile on my face than when I walk in! Thank you for taking me out of my comfort zone, pushing me further than I ever imagined and doing this all with Amazing attitudes and Great Music!!! 
CHEERS!
~Christine~

No comments:

Post a Comment