Tabs

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Avoiding Weight Gain During the Holidays

Happy Tuesday Psycho's!  Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, the main topic of conversation at the cycling studio has been about avoiding those extra holiday pounds.  While I am not a registered dietitian or a doctor, my advice is to just try to break even.  Enjoy the foods that you look forward to having and just workout more often. 

As in many cultures, food and the idea of sitting down to a meal together is an important part of celebrating the holidays.  Maybe it is mom's cookies or your friend's mashed potatoes that gives you that feeling of "home" or nostalgia.  Don't try to cut those out completely because that could cause you to binge later on and have feelings if guilt or regret - that is not what the holidays are all about.

Below is an article that I thought was interesting, so I thought I would pass it along.  The main points are that on average, we will consume around 3200 calories on Thanksgiving. It only takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, so keep that in mind!!  In one cycling class you could burn up to 800 calories.  Let's all be thankful for that!

I am most thankful for my dedicated Psycho's for all of your hard work and support throughout the years.  Happy Thanksgiving!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment