Tabs

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear Monday...

...why do you have to get here so quickly?  I had another busy, but fun weekend in good ole' Upstate NY.  We had a fabulous meal at the Beekman Street Bistro after our Bodypump class (yes, I showered in between!).  I ate way too much of the multi grain bread, but it was just so good!  I had Artic Char with brussel sprouts for my entree and it was perfection!  Jer had the apple cider chicken and he said it was amazing as well. 

Since I am still nursing this stupid chest cold, I decided not to workout at all on Saturday.  We ran a bunch of errands that afternoon.  Then, I made, rolled and dipped about 250 cake balls  (http://www.bakerella.com/) for almost 4 hours!  I had no idea how labor intensive they would be!  I also whipped up some "hot chocolate on a stick" (http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/blog/2009/12/02/hot-chocolate-on-a-stick/) for my lovely coworkers at The Revolution. 

Sunday was our annual cookie exchange with the girls and we had a really fun time together.  I was the only one that wasn't either a mommy, an expecting mommy or an adopting mommy.  It was kind of nice that I only had myself and my purse to carry out of the door!  I don't know how some of my friends do it!

Needless to say, Monday morning came awfully fast!  But, I did have a fantastic breakfast of Oat Revolution oatmeal and some blueberries.  http://www.betteroats.com/oats/oat_revolution/classic/  The oatmeal is 160 calories and full of whole grain goodness!  You just pour it into a bowl, fill up the paper pouch with water, add that to the bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.  It seriously was so good and I will be eating this for many mornings to come!!

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Not only am I jealous of your amazing cake balls, I'm also jealous you can so freely come and go from any location. Ahhhhh to be a cake ball wielding, purse slinging, baby-free lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really give you girls credit! You have some serious mommy muscles!!

    ReplyDelete