Tabs

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spin 3/30/11

My ride last night felt so good!  I think it was a combination of my wonderful crowd, my energy level and some new music.  I download new music for almost every class that I teach.  Sometimes, that only equates to one new song, but last night had several. 

This profile/ride only had two big climbs and we really focused on riding the flats with control and consistency.  Keeping the heart rate at a constant 85% of the maximum, really helps to burn the calories and build an aerobic base for any new comers.

Warm up
Dynamite (CPR remix) - G.G.

Hills
Dare - Gorillaz

Running Hills
Blow - Ke$ha

Running Flats
Too Dramatic - Ra Ra Riot

Climb - standing for about 75% of the song, then seated for the last, tough minute
I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

Climb - maxing out the resitance while standing.  Really concentrate on using the whole leg to get the pedals around - pushing and pulling.
Sail - Awolnation

Running/Standing Flats - seated for about 2 minutes while gradually increasing resistance, standing to relieve the tension at the end.
What a Feeling (I'm Still In Love Club Mix) - Kelly Rowland - this song is over 8 minutes long!!!!!

Recovery/Hills
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley - since it is not over-played on the radio anymore, I thought it was time to add this fun song back.

Running Hills - exploding out to "3" 3x.
Crushcrushcrush - Paramore

Hills/Jumps - 4 count, moderate hill
Funhouse - P!nk

Fast Climb - intense!!!!!!!  Big gear, pace around 60-70rpms!!!!  Last chance for big calorie burn.
Going Under - Evanescence

Cool Down - it was super hot in the gym last night, so I extended the cool down for two songs.
Do as I Say Not as I Do - Ed Harcourt

Cool Down
I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab For Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment