Tabs

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Can I Vent a Bit??

I think that 99% of my time is spent in an upbeat and positive manner, but sometimes, that last straw falls and I need to vent and whine.  So here we are!!!!!

As an instructor, I take a lot of pride in staying current with my certifications, I try to attend lots of continuing education courses and strive to always perform at my best because the members deserve it.

When I see an instructor (spin, bodypump, whatever) not doing so, it angers me a little bit, but it also makes me lose some respect for them. 

For example, I will (hopefully) be a Bodypump instructor soon (still waiting to hear back about my DVD) and what I was taught is that you perform 100% of the workout while teaching.  That means that you are lifting the bar and using genuine weight.  It does not mean that you just walk around the class counting with no bar, no bench, no nothing.  This person is basically being paid to walk around and count.  Any 5 year old who can count to 4 could do the same job. 

It is insulting, it is not right and it shouldn't happen, but it does and that is the reality of it all.  The members don't seem to mind because it is all they know......that is until I am teaching that class!!!!

As someone who takes her job very seriously, I vow to always perform at my best and to the standards to which I have been certified.  I will continue to turn the other cheek, remain positive and still be a strong team player, no matter what the other instructor may or may not be doing.  Having a strong foundation/team is a really big part of making things work and making the members happy, so that is what I will focus on...always.

Do you have any instructor vents to share?  Feel free to comment below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment