Tabs

Monday, April 4, 2011

Rock Revolution 4-1-11

Happy April Fool's Day!!!  Of course, I had to try to "fool" my class on Friday night and I think it worked!  I started off the warm up with a really weird song that I would NEVER really play in my class, "Flowers on the Wall" by The Statler Brothers.  It was hilarious to see their faces when they started to hear the song.  I let it play for about a minute before I started playing the real playlist.  I got a chuckle out of it anyway!

We are trying to get a theme class going on Friday's at 5:30pm at The Revolution and I am hopefully going to be teaching that time slot on a rotating basis.  My theme was Rock and Roll - woot!!

Warm Up
Dreams - Cranberries

Hills
The Sex is Good - Saving Abel

Running Hills - add more gear, explode to "3" with more speed
Animal I have Become - Three Days Grace

Running Flats
Anna Molly - Incubus

Climb
Come Together - Aerosmith

Running/Standing Flats - it is a long song, so I had them start off seated, then gradually added more resistance and had them stand towards the end when the hill had been added in.
The Catalyst - Linkin Park

Climb
Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

Running Hills
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down

Climb
Highway to Hell - AC/DC

Hills
Fake It - Seether

Sprints - 3 of them, lots of resistance, about 15 seconds a piece
The Pretender - Foo Fighters

Running Hills
S.E.X. - Nickelback

Intervals - running to hills to climbing
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

Cool Down
One - U2

Cool Down
Blackbird - The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment