Tabs

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Core Revolution 11-22-10

My friend and I took a wonderful Spinning continuing education class on Sunday that taught us all about interval training.  We learned that with proper recovery, your body is more likely to burn fat instead of carbs that we need for energy.  I worked in some intervals into my ride last night and according to my heart rate monitor, I burned almost 100 more calories than usual! 

I have also decided to tweak the way I am posting my rides.  From some great feedback, I learned that I don't really need to break down each ride so much.  If you want more information on my rides, just send me a note!

Warm Up
Unk vs. Avril Lavigne - DJ Lobsterdust

Seated Flat
Ecuador - Sash!

Climb - seated and standing
Empire State of Mind - Jay Z

Running Hills - seated and standing using lots of resistance and a quicker cadence
Cameras - Matt & Kim (I am in LOVE with this song!!!)

Seated Flat - this will turn into some seated, fast hills
The Catalyst - Linkin Park

Hills - explode out of the saddle with increased resistance and increased cadence for about 45 seconds at a time.
We R Who We R - Ke$ha

Jumps/Jumps on a Hill
Hey Baby - Pitbull, feat. TPain

Running Hills - 90 second intervals (heavy and fast out at 3), 30 second recovery - we did this 4x
Indestructible - Disturbed

Climb
What's My Name? - Rihanna & Drake

Seated and Standing Run
Circle the Drain - Katy Perry

Sprints on a Hill - super heavy - 20 seconds at time (4x), then lots of recovery in between
Everybody Wants Some!! - Van Halen

No comments:

Post a Comment