Tabs

Friday, November 12, 2010

Pay it Forward Friday - Ride 2 Recovery

I just got the confirmation from my boss at The Revolution that we will be hosting an event through Spinning Nation that raises money for Ride 2 Recovery!  I did this event last year and it was a great success raising lots of money for those in need.

http://www.ride2recovery.com/spinning_nation/

Ride 2 Recovery raises money for men and women in the armed forces who are being rehabilitated using cycling (indoor and outdoor).  They provide bikes, helmets, trainers, etc. to get injured vets back to feeling good again.

Various gyms and fitness facilities from across the nation all participate on the same day, which is February 26, 2011.  I tried to incorporate some motivational and patriotic music into my ride last year to keep up our spirits and to remind us all of who we are doing this for.  I gave my riders the option of staying either for one hour or two and they all decided to stay for the entire ride.  It was very inspiring and heart warming.

Here are some goofy pictures from my group last year. We had a blast and raised almost $4000.00 for this worthy cause!  They shipped us t-shirts so we would look more unified and they sent me a really nice jersey.


I will update you of when and how to make donations when the date gets a little closer!!

Live well,
Angela

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome event for an awesome cause! Great photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! We had so much fun that day. I can't wait for 2/26/11 to roll around.

    ReplyDelete