Tabs

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Whirlwind

My apologies for being M.I.A. all weekend, but I was super busy (what's new?). Friday my husband and I managed to get to the gym to do a Bodypump class (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Les-Mills-Body-Pump/55056212095) at 5:30 pm.  I have grown to love working out during "happy hour" because the classes are barely full and that means you have tons of space and you don't have to fight over equipment.  That night I went to my Godmother's house for a jewelry party, where I won the door prize!  It was a really pretty beaded necklace to match the earrings I had purchased.

I woke up bright an early Saturday and headed to The Revolution with a friend for Barre Revolution (myrevnow.com).  It was taught by my boss who is an excellent and fun instructor.  She did about 45 minutes of spin followed by an intense 30 minutes of barre work (it incorporates ballet barre work, pilates and yoga).  600 calories burned later, I was feeling great and ready to tackle my day.

Here comes the worst part of my weekend - CPR recertification from 1pm - 5pm.  I have to do this year after year and each time I go the instructor is more boring than the last one, but none of the material is changed or updated, so its pretty lame.  I inquired whether or not they were going to update their information and have us just do chest compressions instead of the 2 breathes than compressions and the instructor told me that the American Heart Association is doing that, but not the Red Cross.  Hmm.  Either way, I was not learning anything new.  I wish that they could give you a kind of placement test in the beginning.  If you can properly demonstrate CPR and rescue breathing, you should get your card and go.  What are your thoughts?

Saturday night Jerry and I tried out a great new restaurant in town and then headed out to watch a band play with some of our friends and family.  It was so much fun to laugh, dance and catch up with everyone.

On Sunday, we cleaned up the condo a bit and then just lounged around and watched some football.  The Buffalo Bills won their very first game of the season!!!   For the past three Sunday's, I have been trying out a new soup or dinner recipe.  I made a really good homemade chili yesterday for the first time.  I only used one jalapeno because I was scared that it would be too spicy.  Next time, I will follow the recipe and use two.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/beef-chili-recipe/index.html  It only had about 186 calories per serving also!  Yum!!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment