Tabs

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Time to Pay it Forward

As an instructor, I am constantly trying to motivate, encourage and praise my participants so that they realize how wonderful and strong they all are.  It is particularly nice when I get that back in return without even asking for it ; )  There are two great gals who take my Tuesday night class (well, everyone is really great) that have taken the time to get to know me and to understand why I teach the way that I teach.  They seem to appreciate my efforts and that makes me feel so good. It makes this "job" worth doing to everyday!!  So, thanks ladies - you know who you are!!

So, back to paying it forward - I have a great friend who lives in Rhode Island and is the Aunt of a wonderful little girl named Skyler.  Below is a blog that her mom writes (she is studying to be a nurse) to keep her family and friends informed of Skyler's medical ups and downs.  Here is a great blurb of what Skyler has been facing written from the blog below:

Mom to Skyler, a happy, energetic eight year old with a heart condition called Dilated cardiomyopathy. When she was diagnosed at six months old her prognosis was poor. With a five year survival rate of only 40-50%, my husband and I were scared that Skyler would not survive. Now, eight years later, we are thrilled at how wonderfully she has responded to treatment and we are grateful for all the things she has taught us. She is currently maintained on Coreg and Cozaar and has a pacemaker to coordinate the pumping action of both ventricles.

http://jacbragg.blogspot.com/

Here is where we come in; there is a fundraising event that will benefit the Children's Hospital, Boston.  If you are in the area, you can register to run or walk.  If you simply want to donate to this wonderful organization that will help Skyler and other sick children, please feel free to follow the link below.  Thank you!

https://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/events/pfp/?ProfileID=JL0027&name=keepingthepace

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Skyler and I appreciate everything you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure!! I hope we are able to raise lots of money for such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete